- Brought to you from the high-altitude organic valleys of mighty Karakorum & Himalayan region of Gilgit-Baltistan Pakistan
- 100% Pure & Organic
- Certified from PCSIR
- The best Wheat-Alternative for people with Wheat-allergy
- An excellent dietary alternative, particularly for people with Celiac disease and gluten-allergy
Gluten-Free Himalayan Buckwheat Flour (2kg)
Buckwheat – An Introduction:
Buckwheat is one of the healthiest and most versatile whole grains that many consider it to be a Superfood. Buckwheat is actually the seed of a flowering fruit and it completely gluten-free, leading people with gluten-intolerance to seek it out as a flour alternative. Buckwheat’s well-balanced starch, protein, fat and mineral composition has found a renewed interest. Additionally, its seeds compose proportionately more starch and less fat content than fellow oil seeds, hence can be handled in a way like any other staple grains. Buckwheat (Fagopyrum Esculentum – scientific name) belongs to family polygonacy considered pseudo cereal. Locally in Gilgit-Baltistan it is known as “Bro” in Balti language, “Brao” in Shina language and it is known as “Trunba” in Urdu language.
Where Buckwheat is Found – Origin of Buckwheat in Pakistan?
Buckwheat is cultivated in high-altitude valleys of mighty Karakorum and Himalayan ranges of Gilgit-Baltistan Paksitan, above an altitude of 6500-8300 fit. According to the latest research Buckwheat cultivated in hilly (high-altitude) areas of Baltistan contain high value of nutrition as compared to other varieties and other cultivated in other regions. Also, a research revealed that the micronutrient content increase with increase in altitude.
Health Benefits/ Medicinal Value of Buckwheat & Its Products:
According to the nutritional facts and research findings, Buckwheat is high-altitude areas of Gilgit-Baltistan have following features and can be used for following purposes:
- Buckwheat is Naturally “GLUTEN-FREE”, therefore, it is best for Celiac Patients (Gluten-allergy & Wheat-allergy).
- Rutin present in Buckwheat strengthen capillary walls, therefore, it is known as “Cardiovascular friendly” grain.
- Buckwheat is good source of magnesium which is instrumental in improving blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
- Buckwheat contains Selenium 25.97mg/100g, which is an anti-diabetic character, so it is best for Diabetic patients.
- Buckwheat contains Zinc (Zn) 3.35mg/100g. Iron and Zinc are collectivelyu known as Immuno-nutrients, which help strengthen immune system.
- Buckwheat is also beneficial for Childhood Asthma, Gallstones, Anti-ageing, and helps Hair-growth.
- Buckwheat is considered among the best source of high-quality easily digestible proteins, fiber and energy.